New technical paper from VISTA addresses key mine training challenge
May 28, 2013 | News & Trends
Too often, haul truck operator trainees don't retain enough of the knowledge they learn during training. That can lead to longer on-boarding cycles, lower productivity and potential safety problems in the mine.
Blended learning - providing training via multiple modalities using a highly structured, building-block approach - shows a lot of promise in addressing this challenge.
Last week, VISTA Training presented a new technical paper on this subject at the 2013 Haulage & Loading Conference in Phoenix, Arizona, which is operated by Mining Media (publisher of Engineering & Mining Journal and Coal Age magazines). During this presentation, VISTA marketing manager covered:
- The training challenges many mines face today
- How inadequate training tends to lead to operational challenges
- The unique needs of adult learners
- An overview of blended learning
- How "knowledge chunks" and "building blocks" improve learning
- A deeper analysis of the impact of blended learning at Suncor Energy
- The next frontier of blended learning
- Advice for implementing blended learning in your mine
SIGN UP TODAY for the VISTA e-newsletter
Safety tips and product updates - delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- Equipment safety and productivity tips
- Upcoming sales promotions
- Customer success stories
- And much more!