Fuel & Lube Truck - Operation & Safety
Fuel & Lube Truck - Operation & Safety (60-120 Minutes) is part of VISTA's growing family of Silver Series online training programs, 1-2 hours in length and delivered via the web. They are ideal for new operator training.
This course will introduce you to a fuel and lube truck and its operation. Before you are permitted to operate a fuel and lube truck, you will need to be adequately trained and have the knowledge to operate safely and productively.
This program contains the following six lessons:
- Lesson 1 Introduction topics include: fueling the mine, types of trucks, what they carry, the role of the operator, PPE (personal protective equipment), three point contact mount/dismount, and good housekeeping.
- Lesson 2 Components and controls topics include: fuel and lube truck overview, front area, hood and engine compartment, operator's cab, left side, rear area, hose reel controls, right side, tanks, parking brake, cab controls, gauges, indicator lights, transmission controls, pedals, emergency information, and fire safety.
- Lesson 3 Pre-use Inspection topics include: operator responsibilities, claiming the machine, inspecting of tires and wheels, checking fluids-hydraulic, bulk oil tanks, hose reel pumps, dispensing bays, remote filling, supply compartment, fuel pump, emergency shut-down controls, storage compartment, suspension, tow cables, and battery.
- Lesson 4 Start up and shut down topics include: starting the truck, engine oil pressure, cold weather starting, system tests, air system tests, brake pressure, compressor checks, horn check, safe driving, roll over potential, parking and shut down.
- Lesson 5 Servicing equipment topics include: (Mobile equipment) starting and stopping, refueling, communication, roads, dispatch, equipment schedules, approaching equipment, servicing preparations, wheel chocks, and greasing. (Hydraulic Shovel specific topics) approaching the shovel, shovel lockout, servicing auxiliary equipment and recording fuel consumption.
- Lesson 6 Bulk Oil and Fuel topics include: entering the lube island, refilling fuel and lube trucks, static buildup prevention, monitoring refueling, after fueling completion, end of shift, fluid fittings, indicator lights and the waste oil system.
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safety? This web-based training course can be delivered any time, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Recommended Prerequisite(s): Heavy Equipment - Intro & Safety, Heavy Equipment - Pre-Use Inspection
Estimated Length of Training Program: 1 hour + final test
Number of Test Questions: 28
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date and test score
Incorrect Question Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days
This program is available for individual purchase OR as part of a library. (View Library Pricing)
If you have any questions about this Silver Series training program, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
SIGN UP TODAY for the VISTA e-newsletter
Safety tips and product updates - delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- Equipment safety and productivity tips
- Upcoming sales promotions
- Customer success stories
- And much more!
NEW LIBRARY PRICING
for Silver Series modules
An annual or monthly license fee provides unlimited access to all programs in a selected library - for all your employees
- Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment - Mining
- Support Equipment
- Lifting & Rigging
- Pipelayer Installation
- VISTA Video Training Library
Silver Series Benefits
- Conduct operator training - 24/7
- Convenient delivery via web browser
- Pay by credit card or PayPal and access the program immediately
- Programs average 1-2 hours in length
- "Check your knowledge" questions for improved knowledge retention
- Integrated test to verify learning
- A printable, customized certificate of completion for your records