Rubber Tire Dozer - Operation & Safety
The rubber tire dozer is a crucial member of any mining team. This utility vehicle assists many pieces of equipment throughout the mine site by helping them complete their tasks safely and efficiently. Because of their mobility and versatility, rubber tire dozers are often seen working in all areas of the mine site, and it's important for operators to have a solid understanding of their role in ensuring the mine's productivity.
This training course teaches the fundamentals of how to become a safe and productive rubber tire operator. The course includes six lessons and takes approximately two hours to complete.
- Lesson 1 introduces safety rules that apply to rubber dozer operators, including: personal protective equipment requirements, mounting the machine with three points of contact, and good housekeeping practices.
- Lesson 2 identifies the major systems, components, and controls of the rubber tire dozer.
- Lesson 3 explains how to safely perform pre-use inspection checks on the rubber tire dozer.
- Lesson 4 explains the start-up and shut-down procedures, as well as system tests that must be performed prior to operating the dozer.
- Lesson 5 explains the basic operating skills, such as how to travel throughout the mine and how to control the blade.
- Lesson 6 explains the day-to-day operating tasks required of the rubber tire dozer operator, including: maintaining haul roads, building berms, and cleaning shovel pits.
Recommended Prerequisite(s): Heavy Equipment - Intro & Safety, Heavy Equipment - Pre-Use Inspection
Estimated length of training program: 2 hours + final test
Number of test Questions: 33
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date and test score
Incorrect Question Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days
This program is available for individual purchase OR as part of a library. (View Library Pricing)
If you have any questions about this Silver Series training program, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGN UP TODAY for the VISTA e-newsletter
Safety tips and product updates - delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- Equipment safety and productivity tips
- Upcoming sales promotions
- Customer success stories
- And much more!
NEW LIBRARY PRICING
for Silver Series modules
An annual or monthly license fee provides unlimited access to all programs in a selected library - for all your employees
- Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment - Mining
- Support Equipment
- Lifting & Rigging
- Pipelayer Installation
- VISTA Video Training Library
Silver Series Benefits
- Conduct operator training - 24/7
- Convenient delivery via web browser
- Pay by credit card or PayPal and access the program immediately
- Programs average 1-2 hours in length
- "Check your knowledge" questions for improved knowledge retention
- Integrated test to verify learning
- A printable, customized certificate of completion for your records